[Wine] Re: Wine broke my WindowsXP (can't login)

oiaohm wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Feb 29 02:02:01 CST 2008

What do I have to do to stop users doing this.

Wine and Real Windows are not compad with each other at all.

Think of it of trying to installing windows 2000 and XP in the same directory and expect to use both.  Wine can share drives with other wines without many problems.  XP can share drive with XP running on different hardware if you are really careful.

Only solution to this is move wine to its own drive C and run a XP repair to remove the wine files from XP.  Yep XP not working because Wine altered things to what they should be for wine.