[Wine] Re : How about this replacement of WINE.

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at sprintpcs.com
Fri Feb 29 07:34:09 CST 2008

Sylvain Petreolle wrote:
> [...]
Stable versus unstable kernel releases, maybe?
> The fact is that the project is not that old,
> thus earlier versions of wine/kernel havent been tested at the moment.

Which project?  Wine is very old, going back to the early 1990s, when
Linux was released to the public.  You also have to be aware that Wine
is the source for several forks, one is for the Mac which I use.

> Btw, many apps need a specific dependancy for older libraries.

That is very true.  We in the industry call this 'dll hell' as some
programs will only run with certain versions of some .dll files.

James McKenzie