No subject

Wed Feb 20 09:39:33 CST 2008

it may be possible for me to build WINE itself from source on different machines which may be non x86 ( may be  need to have some change at some where in source) but it is not possible to run windows application on that installed/built WINE on non x86 machine. (plz correct me if I am wrong here) and same is the case for compiling with WINELIB.

My actual cause of posting this query was .... my company has its products all developed for Windows platform. Now there are some customers demanding product to be available for VMS, UNIX and MAC OS. We tried our product to be ported to a Linux platform using WINE and WINELIB and found it was so efficient than porting source code natively to Linux (as code was getting complex and time consuming by porting source directly on Linux ). So it was thought that if MAC OS and VMS are supported by WINE then we may choose WINE for our solution.
I will now soon test WINE by building it on (MAC OS X) x86 machine and then see how our product behaves there and for VMS I think I have to find  the machine first and then I will share my experience.
Regards [Wink]