No subject

Wed Feb 20 09:39:33 CST 2008

users, at least temporarily. He has done rc2. His post is at the end of this
one.

First, make sure there is NO trace of Wine installed. Packages have changed.

Second, the repository also works with Synaptic. I did have to fiddle a bit.
And, no, I don't know why. But it does work as listed. Oh, and disable any
listing for "Sarge". I don't know why that is even there.

Third, you "should" be using ALSA and should not need any other sound
driver. Check ALL the modules that are installed to make sure they "fit"
your Etch and hardware installation.

Ove Kaaven to wine-users

Fine, I've rebuilt the official Debian 0.9.61-2 packages on etch.

I put them up at http://people.debian.org/~ovek/wine/, you can apt-get them
by putting this into sources.list:

deb http://people.debian.org/~ovek/wine/ ./

I might not always build these in the future, though.

Worked for me,
Jim