[Wine] Question about using WINE with cyrillic Fonts

L. Rahyen research at science.su
Wed Jan 2 06:45:57 CST 2008

On Wednesday January 2 2008 11:45, Sascha Manns wrote:
> Hello List,
>
> yesterday i`ve installed a Program in the Russian Language. The Program is
> a Library Program with many of Maganzines and Books. The Program
> called "WTLIB".
> The German Version works fine. And the Russian Version runs.
>
> But i can see the cyrillic Info only inside the Frames from the Program.
> But i can`t see cyrillic Signs in the Menu-Bar. At this place i can only
> see "...." but not "Menu" in cyrillic Fonts.
>
> When i start wine, the console say`s to me, that the Default Font "Arial"
> not works with the Program.
>
> Where i find i WINE compatible cyrillic Font, and how can i say to WINE,
> that it now works with this Font?

	Make sure to install standard Windows fonts to
~/.wine/drive_c/windows/fonts . You can either copy them from Windows
installation or download from the Internet:

wget http://kegel.com/wine/winetricks
sudo mv winetricks /usr/bin/winetricks
sudo chmod +x /usr/bin/winetricks

winetricks corefonts

	This will download and install standard fonts automatically.