[Wine] unimplemented function gdiplus.dll.GdipGetGenericFontFamilySansSerif

Kevin Horton khorton01 at rogers.com
Fri Jan 4 05:55:29 CST 2008

On 3-Jan-08, at 22:29 , James McKenzie wrote:

> Kevin Horton wrote:
>> I'm trying to install My Siruis Studio (to access a Sirius satellite
>> radio) with Wine 0.9.52 on in Intel iMac running OS X 10.5.1.  This
>> application requires MS .NET Framework 1.1, so I tried installing
>> Mono
>> 1.26 instead.  This allowed the My Siruis Studio installation to
>> complete, but an attempt to run My Siruis Studio fails immediately
>> with:
>>
>> Call from 0x7b830330 to unimplemented function
>> gdiplus.dll.GdipGetGenericFontFamilySansSerif, aborting
>> err:seh:setup_exception stack overflow 0 bytes in thread 000b eip
>> 7bc35267 esp 00411000 stack 0x411000-0x620000
>>
>> Googling gdiplus.dll.GdipGetGenericFontFamilySansSerif produces no
>> hits, nor does a search of the Wine bugs.
>>
>> Does this error message suggest any obvious things to try next, or
>> does it mean that this is hopeless, and I should give up with this
>> version of Wine?
>>
> As L. Rahyen stated, file a bug on this error,.  However, please do
> not
> file a bug when you install the native .dll. There is not much the
> Wine
> project can do for Windows code bugs.

I filed a bug on the built-in gdiplus.  But, I don't think we can say
that the problem when trying to use the native gdiplus is simply a
Windows code bug.  The program apparently works just fine when running
on Windows, as I cannot find anyone complaining about it on the
various Sirius forums.  So I think we simply have a different problem
when using the native dll.

The world won't end if I don't get this software working.
--
Kevin Horton
Ottawa, Canada