[Wine] Installing wine-gecko locally

Jérôme Gardou jgardou at yahoo.fr
Fri Jan 4 16:50:49 CST 2008

Le Friday 04 January 2008 23:10:41 Austin English, vous avez écrit :
> That's not what I need. I rm -rf ~/.wine _a lot_, and was looking to
> find a way to have wine gecko on my computer, so everytime I test an
> app that needs gecko, it can simply used the cached version, and not
> download if from sourceforge every time. I remember seeing something a
> while back on how to do this, but can't find it now...
>
> -Austin
>
> On Jan 4, 2008 3:59 PM, Jérôme Gardou <jgardou at yahoo.fr> wrote:
> > Le Friday 04 January 2008 22:14:33 Austin English, vous avez écrit:
> > > I seem to remember seeing something about being able to install
> > > wine-gecko on your local machine (though not in ~/.wine, but rather
> > > somewhere like /usr/local). Anyone know anything about this? I'm
> > > downloading it alot for bug triage, and wouldn't mind caching it
> > > locally.
> > >
> > > -Austin

> > Maybe you should look at the usefulRegistryKeys page. There is something
> > referring to gecko here.
> >
> > http://wiki.winehq.org/UsefulRegistryKeys

why not putting it somewhere and, instead of a single wineprefixcreate, you
use a simple bash file which will set with regedit the good path to the gecko
package.
something like :

#!/bin/bash
wineprefixcreate
regedit /place/of/the/regedit/file

The next step would simply be running wine iexplore.exe or something like
that.