[Wine] Error when program tries to file report

Jim Hall volunteer.jim at gmail.com
Sun Jan 6 19:50:02 CST 2008

On Jan 6, 2008 7:27 PM, James McKenzie <jjmckenzie51 at sprintpcs.com> wrote:

> Jim Hall wrote:
> >
> > Could be. Here's the info that showed up in a different window.
> >
> > Uploading C:\s8.IL.PDP
> >    Using TCP/IP
> >    PGP API Version: November 27, 1996
> >    Identifying pubkey folder : C:\IDIS
> >    Identifying pvtbkey folder : C:\IDIS
> >    WinSock 2.0
> > Connecting to IL:667
> >
> Can you connect to the IL machine from Linux/UNIX?  Can you use NSLOOKUP
> (or equivilent) to lookup the IP address for this machine?  BTW, I
> looked up the purpose of port 667 and this looks to be an interesting
> situation (disclose, for campaign contribution disclosure).   Also, does
> the IDIS subdirectory exist in the drive_c directory with files?
>
> James McKenzie

If I did nslookup correctly this is what I got (on my computer).

nslookup IL:667
Server:         205.171.3.65
Address:        205.171.3.65#53

** server can't find IL:667: NXDOMAIN

Yes, very interesting. Highly proprietary campaign finance reporting
program.

Yes the directory exists. The program works fine except for this. The user
has a working DSL connection, so Wine should be happy, right? Wine version
is 0.9.52.

Jim