[Wine] cant find libGL.so with wine 0.9.52 (3)

L. Rahyen research at science.su
Sun Jan 20 18:37:27 CST 2008

On Sunday January 20 2008 20:35:43 Michael D. Johnson wrote:
> I think I found it.
>
> When I issued the wineprefixcreate command I got this return:
>
> /"err:module:load_builtin_dll failed to load .so lib for builtin
> L"opengl32.dll": /usr/lib/libGL.so.1: undefined symbol: XDamageAdd"
>
> I had just readded the 32 bit libdrm from the update service.  Which I did
> again, once I found this.  But I am getting the same thing.

	libGL have a dependency on the Xdamage library. Try this. Run:

ldd /usr/lib/libGL.so.1 | grep -i Xdamage

	You should get something like this as an output from above command:

	libXdamage.so.1 => /usr/lib/libXdamage.so.1 (0xb7df4000)

	Make sure that libXdamage can be resolved correctly.

	If above doesn't solve your problem, please attach full terminal output after
running your Windows program in WINE (if it's big compress it with bz2).