[Wine] Newbie needs help

Graeme Nichols gnichols at tpg.com.au
Wed Jan 23 21:53:55 CST 2008

Charity Abbott wrote:
> what happens when you type this?
>
> cd /home/graeme/ccw/
> wine ccw.exe

Hello Charity, see the following;

[graeme at barney xword]$ cd ~/ccw
[graeme at barney ccw]$ wine ccw.exe
Warning: the specified Windows directory L"c:\\windows" is not accessible.
Warning: the specified System directory L"c:\\windows\\system32" is not
accessible.
Warning: could not find DOS drive for current working directory
'/home/graeme/ccw', starting in the Windows directory.
wine: could not load L"c:\\windows\\system32\\ccw.exe": Module not found
[graeme at barney ccw]$

The program did not run.

After running winecfg and setting a drive letter pointing to
/home/graeme/ccw the program starts but cannot find the word files
saying to check the directory is set correctly. There is nothing in the
program itself that I can find to actually set the directory.

After setting a drive letter to the directory containing all the files I
now get the following errors:

[graeme at barney ccw]$ wine ccw.exe
Warning: the specified Windows directory L"c:\\windows" is not accessible.
Warning: the specified System directory L"c:\\windows\\system32" is not
accessible.
Warning: the specified Windows directory L"c:\\windows" is not accessible.
Warning: the specified System directory L"c:\\windows\\system32" is not
accessible.
fixme:ntdll:find_reg_tz_info Can't find matching timezone information in
the registry for bias -600, std (d/m/y): 6/04/2008, dlt (d/m/y): 5/10/2008
Warning: the specified Windows directory L"c:\\windows" is not accessible.
Warning: the specified System directory L"c:\\windows\\system32" is not
accessible.
fixme:hook:SetWindowsHookEx16 System-global hooks (-1) broken in Win16
[graeme at barney ccw]$

Does the above help?

Regards,

Graeme.