[Wine] building 64 bit binaries from source

L. Rahyen research at science.su
Thu Jan 24 17:31:49 CST 2008

On Thursday January 24 2008 21:55:34 Aryeh M. Friedman wrote:
> I am on FreeBSD 8-current (AMD64) and am attempting to get wine
> compiled and installed... several issues:
>
> 1. Due to item 2 I can't build wine but I have vista64 installed on a
> mounted partition can I just tell wine to use it's dll's... if so how?

	Don't try to use DLLs from Windows without reason. By definition, if you just
want replace all WINE DLLs with Windows DLLs you should use Windows in
virtual machine (because WINE will never support use of ALL Windows DLLs). And
of course native DLLs will not help you to compile or install WINE anyway.

> 2. When I do a make (I am not installing as a port) I get:
>
> actxprxy_servprov_p.c:272:2: error: #error Currently only Wine and
> WIN32 are supported.

	You can find instructions about how to compile/install WINE on FreeBSD here:
http://www.codeweavers.com/support/docs/wine-user/getting-wine-package#GETTING-FREEBSD
and http://www.freshports.org/emulators/wine/ .