[Wine] building 64 bit binaries from source

Ove Kaaven ovek at arcticnet.no
Fri Jan 25 18:45:34 CST 2008

Aryeh M. Friedman skrev:
> 1. Due to item 2 I can't build wine but I have vista64 installed on a
> mounted partition can I just tell wine to use it's dll's... if so how?

Hmm, you can't tell wine to do anything without compiling it first...
and the answer is no anyway. (Well, technically, you *could*, if you
were able to build Wine, but there's no good reason to. "It won't work"
is an understatement.)

> 2. When I do a make (I am not installing as a port) I get:
>
> actxprxy_servprov_p.c:272:2: error: #error Currently only Wine and
> WIN32 are supported.
> *** Error code 1

Make sure you pass --disable-win64 to configure. Set CC="gcc -m32",
CXX="g++ -m32", and maybe set --host as if cross-compiling to i386.

There's a check early in configure.ac that sets -m32 and such
automatically if the canonical host is x86_64*linux*. Consider
submitting a patch to wine-patches that does the same for BSD.