[Wine] wine-users Digest, Vol 30, Issue 37

Lex Middelberg lex at middelberg.co.za
Mon Jan 28 01:28:05 CST 2008

On Sunday 27 January 2008 20:00:02 wine-users-request at winehq.org wrote:
> > I have been running Wine under Kubuntu Feisty for about the last four
> > months, keeping it updated with the latest wine releases on a weekly
> > basis, I use it to run WordPerfect ...
>
> Which version of Wordperfect are you using? I've been trying to get
> version 9 (Office 2000) to install under wine 0.9.53 and Ubuntu 5.06,
> and not having much luck.
>
> Regards,
>
> Don

Version 11 and 12 with Wine 0.9.40 and later, using Kubuntu Feisty and now
Gutsy.

Version 10 and earlier won't install.  There was a problem when I last tried
installing X3, I can't remember what it was, but perhaps that has changed
since I last tried, I haven't checked for some time now.

Quattro Pro does not work (a pity) and Presentations for the little I have
tried it, does.  (Quattro Pro has worked a few versions of wine ago, but not
at present)

WordPerfect has a few quirks (I don't file bug reports any more, because
nobody ever attends to them), but once you have made your peace with that.
you'll find it works as intended and is stable enough to commit your work to
it - I do and I have not had any mishap yet.

There are a few things that do not work, like macros, but for me it's not
critical.

Be warned, there are a few hoops to jump when you start the software and how
you set it up, but once it's loaded it will work.

Good luck

--
Regards,
Lex.