[Wine] Geoplan/Geospace almost works...

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Mon Jan 28 05:00:41 CST 2008

Nicolas wrote:
> I'm a math teacher, and I would like to use Geoplan/Geospace under wine
> (http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=4002).
> Problem is, the (non modal) dialog box behave badly. For example, as
> explained on the db page, the window can't be selected, no mouse action
> on it does anything, and worse, the property dialog can't be opened
> without crashing the app : it can't be closed, and the app refuses to
> close if any diakog box is still opened.
> I really need this application to work, for it is quite unique on the
> market : geometry in space doesn't have many programs as does have plane
> geometry (geogebra, Cabri...).
> The previous version of the app (GeospaceW) works OK, the dialogs behave
> normally. But I don't know if it's fully compatible with the last version.

The site mentioned in the appdb,
no longer exists.  The new site appears to be
but the zip file there has CRC errors:
  inflating: GGAvecComplexes/Geoplan.dll   bad CRC 38192722  (should
be 44897414) ...
There seems to be a commercial version, too, with a demo
version which can be downloaded from
Annoyingly, you have to download two files there and unzip them,
a unified installer would be nicer.

Happily (or not, depending on your point of view), the demo reproduces
the problem.  I've filed a bug for this,

You can perhaps help by voting for that bug and encouraging
other teachers to vote for it.
- Dan