[Wine] Fun Wine Project -- Configure Some Default Registry Entries

A. Tres Finocchiaro tres.finocchiaro at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 06:40:48 CST 2008

My first post.

Fun Wine Project -- Configure Some Default Registry Entries

I've begun working on this to import some native calls into wine.  More
specifically, OpenOffice.org.  I'm trying to get Lotus Notes attachments to
display proper icons, and open natively with OOo.

I've come across a dilemma. I can't seem to "easily" open a Windows path,
i.e. "C:\Windows\temp\test.doc" with openoffice due to path issues.

I've implemented a very small fix called "winelaunch", but I'm afraid the
name is too close to "winelauncher", and would probably confuse people.
Here's it's code:

   #!/bin/sh
   #/usr/bin/winelaunch
   $1 `winepath $2 $3`;
   exit 1;

And here's a sample registry entry:

   REGEDIT4

   [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.doc]
   @="docfile"
   "Content Type"="application/ooowriter"

   [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\docfile]

   [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\docfile\shell]

   [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\docfile\shell\open]

   [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\docfile\shell\open\command]
   @="/usr/bin/winelaunch /usr/bin/openoffice %1"

Although icons don't display properly, it does open the attachment in Lotus
Notes.

Cheers.

-Tres
- Tres.Finocchiaro at gmail.com