[Wine] Installer Requires Administrator Priviledges

Forester wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Jul 1 12:38:05 CDT 2008

Installation of my app gets as far as a message from SetupMgr that reads:

> You do not have administrator priviledges on this machine.
> Setup cannot continue.

I know that running Wine (1.1.0 in my case) as root is not recommended.   :)

I'm running an Ubunut 8.04 derivative, so I know I'm not running as root.  :D

Any suggestions of a work around ?

I tried sudoing everything with the same result.  [Shocked]

I've check Bugzilla and the Wiki.  I tried winetricks vcrun6 as is recommended for Photoshopt CS2.  Same result.