[Wine] Wine+ADODB+PostgreSQL

Charity Abbott angeliqer at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 17:55:35 CDT 2008

On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 6:13 PM, somellier <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> I'm trying to write VB6 code to get data from a PostgreSQL server running on Fedora 7 Linux. Running the code in Win XP there is no problem, but when I try running under Wine on the linux server itself I get no rows returned from my database even though the logs show I'm connected and PostgreSQL has located the data I requested. I'm using an ADODB connection with a DSN. However the same DSN works perfectly in the Visdata add-in in VB, presumably because it sets up a bound data control rather than an ADODB data control to access the database. I have in fact written some simple code to emulate this with a data control bound to a sql select statement and it does work. Can anyone please give me an idea as to what I need to do to fix this or maybe tell me to stop wasting my time because it can't be done.Thanks.

Is there a reason you're using wine to do this? I think it would be
much easier to write an app especially for the server in a language
that can run natively in Linux since you are the developer. If you set
up apache and write PHP or Perl code for it, it's actually almost as
easy as making a forms in VB.