[Wine] Re: Bug 13517: Forums breaking mailing list

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Jul 2 08:49:16 CDT 2008

> Is someone speaking of getting rid of the forum? Those who like it may
> stay there. But, the gateway to the mailing list is an evil and should
> be closed.

Sounds reasonable to me. Email and forums are very different styles of communicating, and trying to mix them is inevitably going to lead to culture clashes. The issue of quoting, which seems to be the main problem for email users, is a perfect example: from my perspective, not having to quote is one of the advantages of a forum, and remembering to do so for those on the mailing list is something of an annoyance.

But then, I "haven't been around long enough to matter," so feel free to dismiss anything I say as irrelevant.