[Wine] Bug 13517: Forums breaking mailing list

Zachary Goldberg zgs at seas.upenn.edu
Wed Jul 2 09:01:22 CDT 2008

On 7/2/08, Austin English <austinenglish at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 8:52 AM, Zachary Goldberg <zgs at seas.upenn.edu> wrote:
> > I'm still terribly confused: Whats the problem with the status quo?
> > Things seem to be running very smoothly...
> >
> > -Zach
> >

> Many forum users are forgetting to quote, editing their posts,etc.

 Can't we disable post editing on the BB?  If people forget quotes I
dont think much harm is done.  Theres always a little bit lost in
translation.

> Mailing list users are changing e-mail subjects, breaking threads.

That breaks email threads too -- so thats a user consciously doing
something wrong.  Not our issue.

None of this sounds like a big enough issue to warrant any change.
Maybe minor tweaking if some people are agitated but I doubt even that
thats the case.

-Zach