[Wine] Re: wine 1.1.0 crash and vcredist_x86.exe installation

eNTi wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Jul 2 15:58:22 CDT 2008

vitamin wrote:

> eNTi wrote:
> > i've now tried 1.0 and 0.9.61 and while everything >= 1.0 segfaults (and then continues) with 0.9.61 at least i don't get a segfault, but the 2nd error remains the same. i'm getting the impression, that there's something wrong with my machine. how can i debug that?
>

> You can ignore the first error. Or you can start with clean ~/.wine
> Use winetricks to install vcrun2005 you still don't have it properly installed. Btw make sure you downloaded new version of winetricks. It's constantly being updated.

i'm not sure, why can ignore the first error? isn't this a deeper lying problem?

as i said i can't really install vcrun2005, because i'm always getting that error:
Code:

fixme:advapi:DecryptFileA "C:\\windows\\temp\\IXP000.TMP\\" 00000000
fixme:advapi:DecryptFileA "C:\\windows\\temp\\IXP001.TMP\\" 00000000
fixme:advapi:LookupAccountNameW (null) L"nt" (nil) 0x33f8dc (nil) 0x33f8e0 0x33f8d4 - stub
fixme:advapi:LookupAccountNameW (null) L"nt" 0x130660 0x33f8dc 0x12c620 0x33f8e0 0x33f8d4 - stub
fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction unhandled standard action L"SetODBCFolders"
fixme:msi:msi_unimplemented_action_stub RemoveExistingProducts -> 1 ignored L"Upgrade" table values
fixme:msi:msi_unimplemented_action_stub MsiUnpublishAssemblies -> 10 ignored L"MsiAssembly" table values
err:msi:ITERATE_PublishAssembly Component not set for install, not publishing assembly