[Wine] Grand Theft Auto San Andreas Saving

Hartmut Figge h.figge at gmx.de
Thu Jul 3 19:14:34 CDT 2008

phildaman46:

>That worked.

Sigh. You cannot do anything about the missing references, but you could
at least quote, about what you are speaking. Consider please, that your
article may not be read in the forum but in the mailing list.

After investigating the thread you have probably changed to
/media/Games/Program files/Rockstar Games/GTA San Andreas/ and run 'wine
gta_sa.exe' there.

>Heres what I get up to the point of saving:

[...]
Nothing to be seen about the problem not to be able to save your game.
But i am wondering.

Each time when i start one of my own games i call a script, which
changes my working directory to the one beneath ~./wine, in which the
corresponding game.exe resides and run 'wine game.exe' there.

Guessing your paths i would do

cd '~/.wine/drive_c/Program files/Rockstar Games/GTA San Andreas/'
wine gta_sa.exe 2>&1 | tee ~/gta-log.txt

Hartmut