[Wine] Re: ConvertXtoDVD, CloneDVD and AnyDVD

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Jul 3 20:29:48 CDT 2008

According to the AppDB, AnyDVD doesn't work: http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=6361
There's no entry for CloneDVD, but it sounds like it, too, won't work for the same reason.

> i can see in several places online that ConvertXtoDVD works with wine, but it will not start for me, i get a message on the taskbar that it is starting, but it disappears and then nothing??

The AppDB says it does work. Open a terminal, cd to the directory where the executable is located, and run it from there. Post any messages that appear in the terminal.

> any suggested alternative programs to these would be also appreciated.

DVD Shrink and DVD Fab HD Decrypter are both rated platinum.