[Wine] Diablo 2 - A Question And A Problem

heavensblade23 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Jul 4 17:32:25 CDT 2008

First, the problem.  If I tick the 'let window manager control window' in winecfg, Diablo freezes up as soon as I minimize it.  I can still hear the music playing, but garbage is displayed in the window when I give it focus again.  I don't know what could be causing this, desktop effects are disabled.  If I untick the box it works normally but the game doesn't appear in the taskbar.

Now, the question...how I set a Windows commandline argument in my Ubuntu shortcuts?

env WINEPREFIX="/home/user/.wine" wine "C:\Program Files\Diablo II\Diablo II.exe"

The above is what my shortcut does.  I want to run the game with the "-w" argument, but whether I put it inside the quotes or after, it doesn't seem to have any effect.  Running "wine Diablo II.exe -w" in a terminal works normally.