[Wine] New install not working

perryh at pluto.rain.com perryh at pluto.rain.com
Sat Jul 5 03:03:05 CDT 2008

> There are number of bugs for Wine not working on *BSD ... in most
> cases there is nothing Wine can do - it's the OS limitations that
> cause all the problems.

Is there a list of those OS limitations somewhere?  I'm a lot more
familiar with FreeBSD than with either Wine or Windows, so might
conceivably be able to work on fixing some of the limitations.

My interest in all this is to run one particular Windows app on
FreeBSD.  I've gotten the impression that Wine is probably the most
promising way to accomplish this, in addition to being a Good Thing
as a matter of principle.