[Wine] Re: Installin different versions.

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Jul 5 18:51:52 CDT 2008

Karomerobu wrote:
> Is is possible to install different versions of Wine?
> I need to use version 0.9.15, but i have the lastest instaled, to play some other games. But when trying to install it says that there is a more recent version installed and it wont install....
> Help plox ;_;

You can't install multiple versions at the same time. That's what package manager is for - to maintain the proper versions of all programs.

If you really want some other version(s) available - compile them into separate directory without reinstalling.

Or ask you distro how to relocate package into separate directory. And run Wine from there.