[Wine] Mac Wine.app Launcher

therealmccoy wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Jul 9 12:33:01 CDT 2008

I'm running Wine 1.1 on OS-X Leopard, and am trying to figure out how to tell Finder to open all files with a .exe extension to open with Wine. The only way I can think of is to create a new .app folder with just enough information to link to the actual Wine executable.

I took apart the .app package of jEdit and replaced all references to jEdit with ones for Wine, then symlinked the real Wine executable to the Contents/MacOS directory.

Here is the info.plist file I tore apart:

<plist version="1.0">
	<string>wine windows emulator</string>

Firstly, does anyone know if this can even be done? Second, if it can, what am I doing wrong? When I try to launch a Window$ application with it, X comes up like its supposed to, but there's no visible activity beyond that.

Thanks in advance,
 - Jeremy