[Wine] Team Fortress 2: Hardware must support Pixel Shader 1.1

Akeru_Forsamee wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Jul 9 16:38:19 CDT 2008

Hello! I just installed TF2 and Steam through WINE. However, once I started it, it said my hardware must support at least Pixel Shader 1.1 to run the game. I looked up my Gfx card online, and the specs say my card supports Pixel shader 1.4. The requirements on the box say I need a card that supports Direct X 8. This shouldn't be a problem, because I've used both 8 and 9 on Windows. Is this a drivers problem? Is it a WINE bug? Is my card actually not good enough, despite the specs?

I run an ATI Radeon 9250, with a 2.8Ghz P4 processor.

Thanks
/A.F.