[Wine] Batch file

Paul Johnson baloo at ursine.ca
Thu Jul 10 13:42:09 CDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-07-10 at 10:37 -0500, Jim Hall wrote:
> Just a clarification. A batch file (*.bat) is an executable. I will be
> installing a mod for WoW that needs to run a batch file after the normal
> install to complete the installation (if I'm reading it correctly). I am
> positive that running it with Wine should work just fine, but I wanted to
> ask first just in case there is an issue with batch files I haven't heard
> about.

I personally haven't come across any batch files that I've needed to run
in Wine, but I don't see why they shouldn't work unless wine doesn't
have command interpreter support at all.

> The mod is "fubar2" and I'm using  Wine 1.0 on Debian Etch (kudos to Ove).

All I can say is give it a shot.  If you have other things installed in
wine and are worried about messing things up, you might try installing
it in another wine prefix or backing up your existing wine prefix before
you do.

--
Paul Johnson
baloo at ursine.ca