[Wine] Re: Mac Wine.app Launcher

therealmccoy wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Jul 10 15:57:26 CDT 2008

Zach wrote:
> On 7/10/08, therealmccoy <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
>
> Maybe there was something wrong with the builds from kronenberg and when you
> compiled on your own, they were fixed? I don't know exactly. All i know is
> that the problems you have/had the kronenberg builds aren't ones that i have
> been told about with the builds that i create.
>
> Also, maybe try emailing Mike? He seemed responsive last time i emailed him
> with a question.  His address is listed on his site somewhere.
>
> -Zach

Cool, I downloaded your Darwine and the stable version seems pretty good. Your unstable of 1.1 has an installer issue however, it doesn't copy a proper WineHelper or Read Me.html to the Darwine folder.

Also, while Total Annihilation will run off your binary, I get a bunch of OpenGL support missing errors -- errors that disappeared when I symlinked the version I compiled myself.

This is probably a libhal related thing, but I also can't get DVD Decrypter to recognize any drives on either of our builds. Not a super big deal, but I like DVD Decrypter a lot better than MacTheRipper.

Question: Since you are more involved with Darwine than most, what's the status of that no-X-required Quartz driver thing? Last time I checked (which was a long time ago), the site for the official version hadn't been updated for a couple years. Since Darwine development seems to have been passed on to real developers like you, maybe you know someone who has a more up-to-date version?