[Wine] Re: Wine, Avid and VPN

nlavon wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Jul 13 15:13:51 CDT 2008

No, nothing in the terminal. I log into my Cisco VPN through the terminal (the Evolution Net Mgr never was able to do this) and get all the boilerplate telling me I am connected.

I then am able to open the Avid iNews through an icon established on the desktop. The program opens perfectly but when I put in my user name and password, I get the error message I referenced earlier, then another error message saying it's an invalid username and password.

I haven't looked in the terminal, although I did see on the FAQ a reference to an operation involving the host name resolving the IP address. I haven't done that yet (it's too nice a day outside!) but plan to get to it.

Just from memory, I did not see anything in the terminal nor did I start the program from the terminal. I'll do that and report back.

Thanks for the interest. I'll let you know what I find.