[Wine] DirectX to OpenGL mapping

epsilon_da wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Jul 13 23:22:13 CDT 2008

I am just looking around today for the new 3D virtualization availability with VMGL.

And the conversation in the virtualbox forum here:

There talk about VMGL, wine, and a project that i didnt know:

This project is a group of bindings that map directx functions to opengl, just like wine does.

Does anyone know if the wine developers use this libraries in wine or if that project is kind of a fork of wine for windows.

It is like an opendirectx implementation which i could use in my virtual machines with windows.

And also i wonder if there is some cooperation between both projects or are just totally separated.

It would be nice if the wines implementation is the same that dxglwrap, then the efforts made for wine developers can be used in virtualmachines also.