[Wine] CS Source NOT Working in Wine, Stuck Loading

Hogleg wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Jul 15 22:32:27 CDT 2008

I am New to this Linux and and WINE So I decided to give it a try recommended by a co-worker and a good friend.
I can get Steam to load fine but when I try to Play or load CS Source My system just sits there on the loading screen.
I did the video hardware update when it appeared when i first loaded Ubuntu, and the updatesthat also appeared, Loaded WINE and followed the instructions on how to load apps to Wine so I could load steam, am I missing something?  Do I need to load something in teh WINE configuration in teh libraries, or Grafics? I did load steam and the HL2 .exe to the Applications directory, Do I need to update the video driver again? besides teh auto update? if so how do I do it? I can download one from ATI but not sure how to install it. can Someone Please help? Step by step or give me a link to do this? please let me know. thank you. Would love to get away from Microsoft, Tired of thier crappy OS, and VISTA is a Nightmare. it is on my laptop and would love to get rid of it also
any help for Linux would be great,
 but really would love to be able to play my games 1st and foremost, which are CS, CS Source, HL, HL2, TF2
Thank you
The newbie on the Linux block 8)
Hogleg

My Desktop System is:
UBUNTU 8.04 LTS 64bit
WINE 1.1.1
AMD 64 1.8ghz
1.5gig DDR 3200
ATI RADEON x850 Pro 256MB
SB LIVE Audigy 2ZS Platium
19"Samsung Synvmaster 931BF Monitor

My Laptop is:
Dual Boot Setup:
Windows Vista Home Premium / UBUNTU 8.04 LTS 64bit
Acer 5520-5334
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core TK-55 1.8Ghz
4gig DDR2
NVIDA Geforce 7000M / nForce 610M