[Wine] Problem with FlexLM licensing

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 08:11:45 CDT 2008

2008/7/10 fpraden <wineforum-user at winehq.org>:

> I have the same problem. copying the dll to system32 and/or win32xoem don't fix this problem...
> :(

Various versions of FlexLM do work to a greater or lesser extent in
Wine, on a quick search of the appDB.

Since the stuff managed by FlexLM is typically expensive and
well-supported commercial software, it would probably be well worth
your while contacting the app vendor about getting stuff working
better in Wine, even if not as a full official platform.

(Certainly everything I've ever been responsible for that used FlexLM
was pricey enough for pretty near direct-to-developer support ...)

It may or may not also be worth contacting the bit of Macrovision that
make FlexLM about getting it to play nicer with Wine. More platforms =
more sales, and FlexLM runs well(-ish) on most commercially-used
platforms I can think of.

- d.