[Wine] Re: error starting go1984

qwertymn wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Jul 17 05:25:28 CDT 2008

Hi, is that this app: http://www.go1984.com/download/go1984Setup.exe?

I gave it a try and did some testing. Looks to me as if there is some kind of race condition. If it hangs I just did ctrl^c and 'wineserver -k'. In about one of the five times it gets further and tries to start up. Then it chokes in some bug in wine's qedit.dll

the way i was able tostart the app is copy qedit.dll from my windowspartirion to ~/.wine/drive_c/windows/system32/
Then do
WINEDLLOVERRIDES="qedit=n" regsvr32 qedit.dll
and
WINEDLLOVERRIDES="qedit=n" wine go1984.exe

As said before, if it hangs , just ctrl^c again, and try again. I was not able to find out why it hangs in most of the tries