[Wine] ATI Radeon 9600 was working once but not anymore....why ? :(

archimedes1981 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Jul 17 12:23:47 CDT 2008

I have been using Mandriva 2008.0 regularly since last Jan so I'm not very good. I have Tomb Raider Anniversary (TRA )and although i had to remove all the graphic options everytime it loads i.e. vsync shadow reflection and water effects, i could play it and i was happy.
After some time i had to stop because i had a problem with video codecs and i had to install/remove a lot of things to get what i needed and by this time i didn't use WINE at all. Now I want to play Warcraft 3 and it works a real mess so i tried out TRA again and it didn't work anymore !!
I did a fresh installation on another partition but same thing is happening.
I know that once i messed with some gnome updates on KDE !?! I am really not sure of what i did because It was my first time installing Linux to actually use and i tried lots of things but messed up like it was, those days I could play TRA and now no !
Is there a way that i could retrieve my older settings ?
Or could i find out what's wrong with it?
I ran TRA through terminal and this came up.
Please help me, my friends have started a tournament on WC3 and i'm the only one who is not playing because only i use Linux.
Now i heard a lot of bad things from Wine users about ATI Radeon and i have to disagree because everything used to work fine on Windows and even on my old messed up Mandriva.
Thanks and regards,

[archimedes1981 at localhost cdrom]$ wine autorun.exe
[archimedes1981 at localhost cdrom]$ fixme:ole:CoInitializeSecurity ((nil),-1,(nil),(nil),0,3,(nil),0,(nil)) - stub!
err:ole:CoGetClassObject class {9a5ea990-3034-4d6f-9128-01f3c61022bc} not registered
err:ole:CoGetClassObject class {9a5ea990-3034-4d6f-9128-01f3c61022bc} not registered
err:ole:create_server class {9a5ea990-3034-4d6f-9128-01f3c61022bc} not registered
fixme:ole:CoGetClassObject CLSCTX_REMOTE_SERVER not supported
err:ole:CoGetClassObject no class object {9a5ea990-3034-4d6f-9128-01f3c61022bc} could be created for context 0x17
err:wgl:X11DRV_wglGetProcAddress (wglMakeContextCurrentARB) - not found
err:wgl:X11DRV_wglGetProcAddress (wglGetCurrentReadDCARB) - not found
err:wgl:X11DRV_wglGetProcAddress (wglCreatePbufferARB) - not found
err:wgl:X11DRV_wglGetProcAddress (wglGetPbufferDCARB) - not found
err:wgl:X11DRV_wglGetProcAddress (wglReleasePbufferDCARB) - not found
err:wgl:X11DRV_wglGetProcAddress (wglDestroyPbufferARB) - not found
err:wgl:X11DRV_wglGetProcAddress (wglQueryPbufferARB) - not found
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0xe9efb4,0x00000000), stub!
fixme:d3d:IWineD3DImpl_CheckDeviceMultiSampleType Quality levels unsupported at present
fixme:system:SystemParametersInfoW Unimplemented action: 59 (SPI_SETSTICKYKEYS)
fixme:d3d:IWineD3DDeviceImpl_GetAvailableTextureMem (0x12aab8) : stub, simulating 64MB for now, returning 64MB left
fixme:d3d:getDepthStencilBits Unsupported stencil format: WINED3DFMT_UNKNOWN
fixme:d3d:IWineD3DDeviceImpl_EvictManagedResources (0x12aab8) : stub
fixme:d3d:sampler >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GL_INVALID_ENUM (0x500) from glActiveTextureARB @ state.c / 2183