[Wine] Error Trying to install Vanilla Wine 1.0

fergatron wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Jul 18 02:48:43 CDT 2008

I tried to install Wine 1.0 from source and it gives me this error.  I've posted the "config.log" file here: http://pastebin.org/52277

Code:

[marc at unicron wine-1.0]$ sudo ./configure
checking build system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
checking host system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
checking for gcc... gcc -m32
checking for C compiler default output file name...
See `config.log' for more details.
[marc at unicron wine-1.0]$

I believe the problem is around line 77, but I'm unclear what to do.

I am running Fedora 9 and I originally installed it using YUM install wine.  Based on the great support I got from the IRC channel (Eduard_Munteanu and oiaohm) - they suggested I install a vanilla version of of Wine 1.0, from src, and not go with the version supplied by Fedora (Wine 1.0-1).