[Wine] Winelib: How can I compile a Borland C++ Builder application

Jan Jezabek jezabek at poczta.onet.pl
Sun Jul 20 06:41:23 CDT 2008

You have at least a few options:
- try to use Kylix (yes, it also supports C++). The downside is that
it's old and not really supported,
- compile and link your program on Windows and use Wine. It will be no
less 'native' than a Winelib application,
- port it to ObjectPascal :p, and try to use Lazarus
(http://www.lazarus.freepascal.org/),
- consider a switch to another framework - Qt and GTK (e.g. using gtkmm,
GTK's C++ binding).

Winelib does not make it possible to create a standalone ELF executable
- this would create more problems than it would solve. Still even if it
did the VCL uses Borland's extensions as mikolajz said (and is a
proprietary product in the first place - there is an open-source version
called FreeCLX, but I doubt it will work with anything other than
Borland's C++ compiler).

Jan Jezabek

--
My GSoC 2008 development blog: http://jezabekgsoc.wordpress.com/