[Wine] Re: help a newbie; X (font?) error with "gold" app?

LazyBoy wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Jul 20 12:48:09 CDT 2008

Thanks very much.  I have upgraded to wine 1.1.1 and as you say, the install and app run without msvcp71.dll errors.

But this only enables me to get to the spot I had somehow, through repeated attempts, gotten to before my first post.

If I run Russian or Kazakh, there are missing characters replaced by a box and characters that are just wrong (compared to a OS X install).  This may be more of a Cyrillic character-set problem than a font problem.

"winetricks fontfix" has no visible effect.  "winetricks allfonts" causes the app to fail on startup:

$ wine "./drive_c/Program Files/Transparent/Before You Know It 3.6/Lite/BYKI36WinLite.exe"
fixme:keyboard:X11DRV_LoadKeyboardLayout L"E0010412", 0100: stub!
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x32efec,0x00000000), stub!
fixme:dciman:DCICreatePrimary 0x35c 0xc0128c
XIO:  fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server ":0.0"
      after 55377 requests (55369 known processed) with 0 events remaining.

I have a Vista partition.  I'm going to investigate copying fonts from there.

Thanks,
LB