[Wine] GetModuleFileName in winelib DLLs

Jan Jezabek jezabek at poczta.onet.pl
Sat Jul 19 12:10:01 CDT 2008

Hi,

I have the following problem - when I compile a DLL using winegcc and
call GetModuleFileName on it I get a name in "c:\windows\system",
regardless of the DLLs actual location. I have googled for it, and found
this thread

http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-devel/2003-December/023224.html

which says that this behavior is needed for built-in DLLs. My problem is
that I'm trying to compile COM DLLs which need to be able to register
themselves with DllRegisterServer, and also need to call LoadTypeLib on
themselves (to use with DispInvoke etc.). This seems to work well in
Wine if I hardcode the actual path to the .dll.so - I can access my
components using CoCreateInstance and LoadTypeLib can get the typelib
from a .dll.so file - but unfortunately I am unable to get the real
module name. As stated in the above ML thread there is no problem if the
module is compiled to a 'native' (i.e. PE) DLL. My question is: can I
work around GetModuleFileName's (intended) behavior and get the real
path of the .dll.so if I am aware that I'm running as a winelib DLL? Or
in other words - is there a way to register and use COM InprocServer
DLLs which do not necessarily reside at a fixed path?

Thanks in advance,
Jan Jezabek

--
My GSoC 2008 development blog: http://jezabekgsoc.wordpress.com/