[Wine] Running Wine on Win64

Gert van den Berg gert at mohag.net
Sat Jul 19 16:07:36 CDT 2008

On Sat, Jul 19, 2008 at 2:42 PM, David Gerard wrote:
> 2008/7/19 Gert van den Berg
> Wine on Windows is getting to be a FAQ by now :-)
>
> Many people have tried running Wine under Cygwin. Mostly it's an
> achievement just to get it to compile and run. (Then there's
> interesting little gotchas like when it edits the registry of the host
> Windows box rather than the Wine instance ...)
>
> Possibly a detailed wiki page on this should be compiled (though not
> by me) and kept updated.

I am aware that is runnable under Windows using Cygwin (I would like
to try it under SFU sometime... Probably at least Debian-Interix to
get a decent GCC version...) I'm just wondering if it can be applied
for purposes useful to the end-user there... (It would probably
require a few relatively minor changes to allow WOW64 to handle
Win32...) If it can help speed up development it might benefit Wine as
a whole.