[Wine] Re: Office 97 Help feature doesn't work under Wine 1.1.1

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Jul 20 18:28:00 CDT 2008

ralphl wrote:

> 1.  When the help topic is displayed, the text is so small that it is hard to read.  In fact all the text in Word is very small--the menu bar text, the toolbar tips, the status bar text, etc.  Is there any way to increase the text size on all of this?

If everything's too small, you can try changing the the screen resolution in winecfg (on the display tab).

> 2.  When I bring up Word 97 in windows and click help>Contents and Index,  I get a completely different help window that I get under wine...
> ...My conclusion is that I must not have the help function correctly loaded.

My conclusion is that Wine is not properly loading the help files. You can always file a bug report.

As far as getting Word to find the help files via the open file dialog, type c:\Program Files in the filename box and hit enter.  You should be able to navigate from there by pointing and clicking.