[Wine] Re: Windows program cannot see CD device

Francesco wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Jul 24 08:58:54 CDT 2008

> I disagree. Some applications with copy protection install without
> checking the media (to pass the copy protection tests) but then do
> this periodically when you run the application. I believe wc3 did
> exactly that.

That's true. But when I said "I don't think the problem is a rights one", I was talking about permission. It was an answer to "The problem seems to be a rights one, as cdrom0 belongs to root and I cannot change that."

If jaezcurra had not at least read access on his cdrom drive, then he cound not install his software...