[Wine] Re: MSWord 2007 suddenly stopped working!

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Jul 24 12:10:26 CDT 2008

Checkhovian wrote:
> Nothing as far as I know, that's why I'm so puzzled... The only thing that I might have added is VLC media - I can't remember whether I added that before or after last time I used Word.

Windows or Linux? VLC for Linux shoudn't make a difference, but anything you install into the same wineprefix has the potential to mess up already installed programs.

Try reinstalling Office 2007 to a clean wineprefix.

You should also upgrade Wine at some point, as 0.9.59 is pretty old, but wait until the next release. There was a regression in 1.1.1 that prevents installation of native msxml3, which is needed to install Office 2007.