[Wine] Re: Native and Builtin dll

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Jul 24 16:20:05 CDT 2008

Batt212 wrote:
> but when does wine need to use Fake Wine dlls?

Never. Some programs look for those "dlls" and don't start if they can't find them. Wine will always find it's own built-in dlls that are not even present in WINEPREFIX

Batt212 wrote:
> and is it correct or not to say that wine looks for dll reading into exe file?

I'm not sure what you asking here. Wine does the same exact thing as loader on windows. With the exception of having one more place to look in for built-in dlls.