[Wine] Cups problems while compiling WINE

Gargi wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Jul 26 16:47:13 CDT 2008

Just tried to compile WINE on opensuse 11 64bit. I did everything as described here: WineOn64bit - The Official Wine Wiki (http://wiki.winehq.org/WineOn64bit#head-b3c0054e075385ab599d63a46dba9d6c3934d6c0)
But running the configure script I'm getting that message:

Code:
configure: libcups development files not found, CUPS won't be supported.

That means that the printer output isn't working after compiling it.

Strange thing is, that the header files were found and are present:

Code:
/Work/wine-1.1.2> cat fehler.txt | grep cups
checking cups/cups.h usability... yes
checking cups/cups.h presence... yes
checking for cups/cups.h... yes
checking for -lcups... not found

Did anyone have the same problem? I guess that a package is still missing, but I nearly installed everything looking like having something to do with cups and its development packages.

Thanks for any help!

cu
Gargi