[Wine] Re: Error Trying to install Vanilla Wine 1.0

fergatron wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Jul 27 00:09:01 CDT 2008

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.  I went on a weeks vacation, thus the very late response to yours.

	 I'm running "sudo" because I extracted the files to my /usr folder and my user account doesn't have write access to that directory.  I was able to put it into the sudoers list though.  To be specific, I put my src files in /usr/local/share/applications/wine-1.0 folder.

	 Thanks for the link to the 64-bit info.  That was very helpful.  I read it, copied and pasted the YUM command to install those extra packages, but I'm still running into an error when I compile.

Code:

[marc at unicron wine-1.0]$ ./configure
./configure: line 1504: config.log: Permission denied
./configure: line 1514: config.log: Permission denied
[marc at unicron wine-1.0]$ sudo ./configure
checking build system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
checking host system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
checking for gcc... gcc -m32
checking for C compiler default output file name...
See `config.log' for more details.
[marc at unicron wine-1.0]$

I've posted the contents of the 'config.log' file to see if anyone can make sense of it.