[Wine] Re: Error Trying to install Vanilla Wine 1.0

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Jul 27 00:37:52 CDT 2008

fergatron wrote:
> I'm running "sudo" because I extracted the files to my /usr folder and my user account

Don't do that! There are reasons why you can't access those directories on the standard system - because you should not. If you really want to dump something into /usr use /usr/local instead. For Wine source just put in under /usr/local/src. And you can use sudo to change permissions on that dir.

Read this http://wiki.winehq.org/WineOn64bit and this http://wiki.winehq.org/Recommended_Packages