[Wine] How to fix "CAPI 2.0 not installed"?

lists.wine-users at duinheks.nl lists.wine-users at duinheks.nl
Sun Jul 27 05:55:08 CDT 2008

Hello,

On Sunday July 27 2008, qwertymn wrote to wine-users at winehq.org:

 qw> That message "CAPI 2.0 not installed" is printed from the app
 qw> itsself right?

I suppose so :)

 qw>  It would be interesting to see what the calls are
 qw> just before  that message appears.

I'm willing to do anything that may help :) I need to run this
application for the support department of the factory of my
ADSL modem and they assume everybody is running Windows :(

 qw>  You could run the app like
 qw> WINEDEBUG=+relay,+seh,+tid wine appname.exe &>/tmp/log.txt
 qw> and then put the file /tmp/log.txt (bzipped2) up somewhere.

Done. It is [or should be :)] available as
http://www.duinheks.nl/files/testing/wine-dtrace_beekhuizen.log.bz2
or
ftp://ftp.duinheks.nl/pub/testing/wine-dtrace_beekhuizen.log.bz2

 qw> then we'd could have a look what happens just before the error
 qw> message appears`

I'm really curious to hear what will be the result of this.
Even if I'm doing something extremely stupid :) This is the
first time I use wine and have always tried to avoid Windows.

Regards,

           Hans.

jdh dot beekhuizen at duinheks dot nl
--- GoldED+/LNX 1.1.5/080726
 * Origin: The Wizard is using MBSE/Linux (2:280/1018)