[Wine] Linux Noob Trying to Run Civ 4

Jonline wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jul 28 09:12:24 CDT 2008

Hi, After a devastating viral attack on in XP, I've moved to Ununtu- I love it. I also love Civilization 4, and I'm having a hard time getting it to run.

1.  I can't get the installers to run. If I run setup.exe, I am allowed to choose my install language whereupon I recieve this error:

Error Code:	-5005 : 0x8007000d
Error Information:
>Kernel\KernelMedia.cpp (95)
>SetupDLL\SetupDLL.cpp (1479)
PAPP:Sid Meier's Civilization 4
PVENDOR:Firaxis Games (http://www.2kgames.com/civ4/)
PGUID:CFBCE791-2D53-4FCE-B3FB-D6E01F4112E8

2. I have tried copying the installed folders from my Program Files/Firaxis Games/Civilization 4 directory into the .wine/Programs directory, but I get an XML parser error. I have also tried to run it from my actual window's directory, and I receive the same error. I have v.3.17 of Beyond the Sword installed.

Help! :)