[Wine] CD 2 for Install Fails - Garritan Instruments for Finale

brianinvn wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Jul 29 13:06:11 CDT 2008

I am new to Wine and having a problem loading the second CD when installing software.  I am installing Finale 2008 (music software) which comes with a library of sampled instruments that install from the first, second, and third CD.  The main Finale install goes without a hitch and I have tested it a little and it seems to work.

However when installing the Garritan Instruments, it ejects the first CD and asks for the second.  When I give it the second CD it accesses it, and then immediately ejects it and ask for the second CD again.

I have tried the install by double-clicking the .exe file, and by using winefile to start the installation.  I have also looked in 'winefile' to ensure that when the second CD loads it is readable.  It is.  It looks like everything should work, but it doesn't.

Does anyone have any ideas?